Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where there is an end there is a beginning.

Long time now since i posted something.
this week has been strange, both good and bad.

Im starting to get tired of my diet, and found myself being uninspired and bored.
Bad thing really, becouse it makes bad habits sneek up on you. Yea I have been a naughty
girl. So.. Father I have sinned. I ate a bowl of sugared popcorn, and binged in on the sweet stuff.
Gluttony,lust and frenzy.

That will be 10 sets of 20 lunges for you..you naughty girl.

*runs away screaming. Climbs up into the norwegian mountains, never to be seen again*

I also skipped two workout days, and trying to make amends I skipped last weeks "rest day".

I found a sport store that I can order the equipment that I need, as amazon.com does not want to sell me any rubber bands of any sort. The one I have now is to short, so some of the excersises are difficult to do. Really happy to see that they are not in a bad price range either.

Also since i found myself getting a bit unotivated, decided to buy one of those fancy scales, but neither amazon.com or co.uk wants to sell me any(becouse i live in norway, but sweden is for some reason ok). Thing is that a fancy weight costs around 81 to 129 dollars, and compared to the ones on amazon its pretty underwhelming. YA know if im gonna invest in some fancy bodyscanner, I want all the bells and whistles .
Probably dont need one, but i have always been curious about the body fat thing.

So to the skipping rope. We have about 5 different sport shop companys in this country, and they carry all the same stuff. I can only get hold of stayathomemom brand casall and nike. I have the nike one and it tangles to easily, so i trip all the time.

But these have all mostly been fixed, since i found this online store in norway.

I also found one fancy omron weight ridiculously priced on a webpage similar to craiglist, they had orderd quite a large number of them. Sounded a bit to good to be true, so googled their company name and they look decent.

So if you dont hear from me in two weeks time, what probably has happened is I have been put in a crate shipped of to China and forced to sell my kidney.

Now Im trying to review this week, and figure out how next week can be more fluent.

On a more personal note, a friend of mine hanged himself , leaving his 1 year old kid and wife behind. pretty sad stuff. He was a truly unique guy, had been living on and of the streets , had managed to get his life in order, pursued his photography and didnt give a f*** about what other people thought about it. And then he just killed himself.

He was also an actor and script writer
he plays the lead role in a movie called lullaby written with Margareth Olin.

the movie can be found here :
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2006/12/22/486904.html

It's similar to the likes of christiane f, movies about teenagers struggling with drugs and prostitution. Not a happy go lucky movie but still one of the more interesting ones on the topic.





6 comments:

  1. Weird week! Don't try to make up for missed or failed days, just get it right tomorrow. This is the hardest part now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Just stick to the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maren, I'm so sorry about your friend. It really is hard to stay the course when grief throws you for a loop—that's what you really want comfort food. I hope you're doing all right.

    The diet can get boring. I'm wishing you find lots of new, delicious, and unexpected fruits and veggies this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much, i hope that he is in a better place now.

    Things have improved on the food bit, I have discoveres blood oranges as the most amazing fruit in the world at the moment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. In that case, I made this blood orange salad for dinner guests once, and it was a hit!

    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/01/in-the-kitchen-with-david-stark.html

    ReplyDelete